Tottenham’s reported Osimhen offer is half what Galatasaray asked for in May
Spurs are said to have opened at 50 to 55 million pounds for Victor Osimhen, with Galatasaray wanting closer to 65 million. Three months ago the same club said 150 million euros would not be enough.
Aug 3, 2026
Tottenham have opened talks to sign Victor Osimhen, according to reports out of Turkey on Sunday, with an approach in the region of 50 to 55 million pounds and Galatasaray holding out for closer to 65 million. Neither club has said a word publicly. The number is what makes the story worth reading twice.
Sixty-five million does not match May
Three months ago Galatasaray vice-president Abdullah Kavukcu was asked what it would take to prise Osimhen away, and said he would not sell him for 150 million euros. “I wouldn’t sell him for 150 million euros, but it’s a matter for our president to decide,” was the line. He said it while Arsenal sporting director Andrea Berta was doing the rounds in Istanbul, and he said it in public, on the record.
Sixty-five million pounds is around 75 million euros. That is half of the figure Kavukcu named in May, which leaves two possibilities. Either Galatasaray’s position has moved a very long way in one summer, or the numbers circulating this weekend belong to whoever briefed them rather than to the club that owns the player.
What Galatasaray have tied up in him
Osimhen cost Galatasaray 75 million euros, paid to Napoli after they triggered the release clause in his contract, and the four-year deal he signed in the summer of 2025 carries no exit clause at all. His guaranteed salary is 15 million euros a year, with a loyalty bonus and image rights taking the package to about 21 million net. Estimates of the club’s total commitment across the contract have run to 159 million euros.
He has repaid a fair chunk of it. Osimhen scored 22 goals in all competitions in 2025-26, seven of them in the Champions League, and that was with a broken right forearm taking a chunk out of his spring. He suffered it at Anfield in the round of 16 in March and had surgery days later. Galatasaray still won the Super Lig. Selling him at the same price they paid, a year into a four-year contract, would be an odd piece of business unless the wage line has become the club’s real problem.
Spurs have form for this kind of summer
The interest itself is not far-fetched. Tottenham have already committed around 237 million pounds in transfer fees this window, the largest outlay in their history, and broke their own record twice inside a week to do it. Sandro Tonali cost 100 million pounds, Mateus Fernandes 85 million, Jan Paul van Hecke 52 million. A club that spent last spring worrying about relegation is now building a squad around how Roberto De Zerbi wants to play, and a centre-forward is the obvious hole left in it.
Osimhen is also the sort of signing Spurs have been linked with roughly every window since he left Napoli, and reported interest is not the same thing as a deal. The window shuts on 1 September, which leaves four weeks for the version of this story that involves either club confirming something.
What is actually established
The reporting so far traces back to Turkish transfer journalist Ekrem Konur and the aggregator CaughtOffside, picked up on Monday by the British papers. What they describe is an approach, not an agreed fee, and personal terms that both sides are said to expect to be straightforward. Osimhen is understood to be open to the Premier League.
Read it as the opening move it is. Galatasaray set their price in public in May, and until somebody at the club revises it out loud, the gap between 150 million euros and this weekend’s figures is the only hard fact in the story.







